Agile and Scrum Workshop via Chingu Cohorts on Nov 1
Hello Developers and Designers!
I'm organizing another FREE Agile & Scrum workshop with fellow developers and UI/UX/designers on November 1. This will be under Chingu, and certificates of completion will be given to participants.
What: Agile/Scrum Team workshop
Where: Chingu (remote)
Why: gain team experience and exchange knowledge
When: November 1 - December 19
Duration: 6 weeks
Time commitment: part-time (10-20 hours)
Reward: certificate of completion, team experience, networking opportunities, knowledge
What will we be doing?
We will be a team of 6 members at most, and we will build a web application for 6 weeks while following Agile/Scrum principles. Only part-time commitment is required (10-20 hours/week), as most of us are busy.
The programming languages/libraries used will most likely be:
- MERN stack
Of course, we can use other languages/libraries if the team chooses to do so.
What are the goals of the workshop?
- allow the participants to gain more team experience
- exchange knowledge with each other
- filling in any learning gaps and correcting bad practices
- provide a networking opportunity to connect with other developers and designers
- build lasting relationships even after the workshop ends
- successfully build a team project for our portfolio (yeah this is less important than the ones above)
- help each other with interviews/job search (we can do interview practice and resume reviews with each other, but after the workshop)
- 10-20 hours/week availability
- Communication skills
- Self-driven learner
- Willingness to work as a team and use collaboration tools
- Humility and receptiveness to feedback
- the closer you are to GMT +8, the better (but any time zone is okay)
- Capable of building a solo project (Tier 2 in Chingu - check comments)
- React proficiency (MERN is nice to have, but not required)
- CSS/SCSS and HTML proficiency
- Wireframing tools (Figma or anything similar)
- Knowledge of web design principles
- Willingness to work with a team of developers
Please reach out to me on:
Feel free to ask me any questions and/or contact me about the workshop!
This workshop is free, voluntary, and non-monetized. Members keep ownership of their projects after the workshop and may use them for their own portfolios.